Civil Litigation Attorneys You Can Trust
Andrew Dressel and Chris Malikschmitt are experienced litigators who have practiced high-end civil litigation at some of the most prominent law firms in the country. They have represented clients on both the defense and plaintiff’s side in complex business disputes, internal investigations, protracted discovery disputes, and nationwide class actions. Dressel/Malikschmitt was founded to bring that same approach to individuals and businesses right here in central New Jersey.
Whether a business dispute, personal injury matter, or potential class action suit, the attorneys at Dressel/Malikschmitt stand ready to advocate on your behalf to work to get the best possible result in your case. Early actions greatly impact end results in complex legal matters and we encourage you to engage capable, experienced, qualified counsel you trust from the outset of your legal matter.
Based in Somerville, New Jersey, we represent clients throughout New Jersey, as well as select matters in New York and Connecticut.
NJ Business and Commercial Disputes
Our lawyers bring seasoned litigation skills to small, mid-sized, and large corporations to ensure business and commercial disputes are pursued with your specific business goals in mind. Let Dressel/Malikschmitt’s focused professional experience guide your business to the best possible litigation outcome. Our partners will assist you in identifying, implementing, and achieving your commercial and strategic objectives while mitigating risk.
NJ Employment/Compensation Issues
Dedicated advocacy is crucial in any executive employment or compensation dispute. Executive compensation litigation requires attention to the details of contractual provisions, as well as experience in complex regulatory schemes, such as ERISA, which factor into severance benefits litigation. Dressel/Malikschmitt has the necessary skills and experience to help clients achieve the best possible result (whether seeking unpaid compensation or defending against claims for compensation that are undeserved).
NJ Breach of Contract
Dressel/Malikschmitt uses an analytical, detail-oriented, and creative approach when litigating contractual disputes. If you’re concerned about a potential breach of contract, call our team of experienced New Jersey attorneys.
Tort and Wrongful Conduct Claims in NJ
If you are involved in a tort action or wrongful conduct claim, Dressel/Malikschmitt is committed to seeking full compensation for your suffering or defending against the claim to the fullest extent possible. Our experience in state and federal courts help us navigate the legal system and advocate for our clients’ rights in instances of emotional distress, negligence, financial losses, injuries, invasion of privacy, and more.
Defamation, Libel, and Slander in NJ
Anticipating arguments for and against claims is critical to success in cases regarding defamation, libel, and slander. If messages have been communicated with the intent of costing you or your company monetary, commercial, or reputational harm, Dressel/Malikschmitt will work towards full compensation. We also successfully defend against such claims if you or someone you know has been accused of defamation, libel, or slander.
Personal Injury Lawyers New Jersey
Our lawyers provide legal representation to help personal injury clients seeking compensation for any injuries they have suffered. When the unexpected occurs, clients rely on the team at Dressel/Malikschmitt to achieve the verdicts and settlements they rightfully deserve.
New Jersey Class Action Litigation
Having worked on numerous large class action suits, including consumer protection and employment actions, Dressel/Malikschmitt brings unique experience to class action litigation. These cases have resulted in favorable outcomes and settlements for our clients due to our persistent, tenacious representation and attention to detail.
New Jersey Civil and Business Matters
- Successfully defended a private citizen against numerous tort claims brought by a public official for comments allegedly made online, resulting in the case being dismissed in its entirety.
- Successfully represented client in the face of wage garnishment demands from a for-profit university without need for litigation.
- Negotiated civil settlement in an action brought by insurance company for purported negligent driving in an automobile accident.
- Successfully represented a client in a putative class action in federal court seeking class wide unpaid overtime wages under state and federal law. This action ended in a favorable settlement payment to our client.
- Ongoing representation of a “frozen-out” partner in dispute over lucrative broker-dealer ownership.
- Ongoing representation of employees seeking five-digit severance packages from a large telecommunications company.
- Ongoing representation of a former executive seeking millions of dollars in unpaid compensation from a large international pharmaceutical firm.
- Dressel/Malikschmitt serves as general counsel to a local rescue squad.