At Dressel/Malikschmitt, we have valuable experience representing clients charged with various criminal offenses. We understand that being charged with an offense can feel paralyzing, but if you’re facing criminal charges in New Jersey you don’t need to go it alone.
It’s crucial that you have capable, qualified, and trustworthy counsel who will utilize their resources and experience to build a strong defense at every stage of the judicial process.
White Collar criminal charges, or even accusations, can devastate your career, financial earning potential, and erode your quality of life. The attorneys at Dressel/Malikschmitt can guide you through the process of arraignment, case analysis, pre-trial motion practice, and even trial. We represent all professionals and industries – both individuals and business entities – against federal, state, and local investigations and prosecutions. Financial criminal proceedings involve complex financial audits, and we draw on our experience on both sides of the courtroom, as well as in business, to work toward mitigating damage to your career, finances, and reputation.
Local, Accessible Top-Tier Representation
As a former Assistant Prosecutor practicing in Superior Court, former federal law clerk, and current Municipal Prosecutor, Dressel/Malikschmitt partner Christopher Malikschmitt brings a particularly unique and specialized skill set to defend your criminal case.
Dressel/Malikschmitt is founded on a passion for New Jersey, the place we call home. Our local criminal and White Collar clients benefit from detail-oriented, personalized service. Clients will receive individual attention and a tailored strategy from our founding partners. Big-firm training coupled with our focused experience provides our clients with a high level of attention, fierce advocacy, and tireless work towards a just resolution.
Skilled, Established, Efficient
From local NJ cases to the United States Supreme Court, our lawyers have diverse and meaningful commercial law experience. We create opportunities for individuals and businesses to achieve positive outcomes as effectively as possible. We deliver value by ensuring our legal solutions fit your needs, which will give you cost-predictable and reliable representation.
White Collar Defense Lawyer New Jersey
Our close work with NJ businesses sets us apart in defending against your White Collar charges. These matters include charges such as insider trading, fraud, embezzlement, securities violations, market manipulation, mortgage broker fraud, and sales practice abuses. It is crucial when facing such charges to discuss with an attorney as soon as possible to protect your record and reputation.
Internal Investigations New Jersey
Sometimes you need a skilled attorney to look into your business and provide guidance. Indeed, during internal investigations, it’s important to conduct focused, thorough, discreet examinations to determine appropriate responses and safeguards to protect the continuation of your business. If you think you might need such an investigation, Dressel/Malikschmitt is prepared to discuss steps you can take to help protect your business.
Financial, Fraud and Theft Crimes Lawyers New Jersey
A skilled attorney should get involved as early as possible in a financial fraud investigation or prosecution. We can work toward avoiding charges altogether if you think you might be a target of such an investigation, and in fighting for fair resolutions. We are ready to build a defense against a wide range of accusations including, but not limited to:
- Credit Card Fraud
- Check Fraud
- Rogue Trading
- Bank Fraud
- False Statements
- Industry Insider Fraud
- Fraud For Profit
- Mail, Wire and Computer Fraud
Other NJ Indictable Offenses
We have represented a wide range of clients in a variety of criminal matters towards successful outcomes:
- Client—a non-citizen—was successfully admitted into a two-year diversionary program after being indicted for extremely serious money-laundering and theft offenses, including first-degree racketeering and second-degree theft charges, among others. Client’s program admission was without any admission of guilt, and thus ensures that their record is clear and free of immigration consequence upon successful completion of the program.
- Client indicted by the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office for theft of over $12,000 from nonprofit employer resolved for diversionary program enrollment after client cooperation with prosecution and substantial presentation of evidence to the prosecution.
- Client with previous criminal record for multiple possessions of drugs on school property, aggravated assault, unlawful possession of a weapon and soliciting prostitution resolved an accusation of theft of over $2,500 with probation.
- Advised client facing potential theft and money laundering charges in connection with illicit funds moved through their bank account. To date, no known charges have been brought.
- Client indicted for five counts of theft-related offenses relating to fraudulent bank account scheme resolved with admission into PTI diversionary program.
- Possession of marijuana resolved as municipal ordinance violation and a fine.
- Client driving with suspended license, careless (speeding) and lamps resolved as obstructing traffic ($56) and $66 in court costs.
- Client charged with drunk driving, refusal to submit to breath testing and indictable assault by auto resolved as minimum drunk driving and refusal, and municipal ordinance violation. No jail time.
- Client charged with operating under the influence of drugs, and with a positive urine test, resolved for unsafe operation and no loss of license.
- Client issued eight tickets in connection with an alleged hit-and-run and failure to yield to the responding officer resolved for two tickets, and with no points.
- Client accused of domestic violence assault, harassment and terroristic threats is to have all charges dismissed and expunged after successful completion of anger management treatment.
- Client accused of disorderly conduct for a fight resolved as municipal ordinance violation.
- Client charged with aggravated assault on law enforcement, resisting arrest and obstructing resolved with admission into PTI diversionary program.
- Client accused of seven counts of auto burglary, multiple counts of credit card theft and receiving stolen property resolved with probation/ time served.
- Client accused of unlicensed entry of structure for trespassing had case dismissed on prosecutor discretion on successful presentation on issues of mental health.
- Client accused of theft of services for non-payment of fuel resolved as municipal ordinance violation.
- Client indicted for shoplifting resolved with admission into PTI.